Old Games Can Be Good Too
1. Alpine Games by Duranik. Basically this game contains many winter sports events (skiing, Snowboarding, etc.) that most of us love. This game has great graphic, state of the art sound, controls, and gameplay. I highly recommend it for anyone who owns an Atari Lynx.
2. S.T.U.N. Runner by Atari. It was close, but this game has very good controls. (Unlike many other Lynx games.) Basically, this game is the port of the well-known arcade version in which you blasted your way to the finish line.
3. Cyber Virus by Songbird Productions. The reason this game is on here is because it has the best graphics on the Lynx. Yes, I said the best graphics. Well, anyway in this game is about a virus that takes the U.S. army's newly developed "Cybots" into the control of your enemy. What will you do?
4. Klax by Atari. This game is good in every department. Graphics great, sound amazing, gameplay and controls out of this world. This game is about stacking tiles on top of one another to make them disappear. This seemed boring to me at first, but once I played it I was amazed.
5. Lemmings by Atari. You might have thought that it should have been ranked higher, but I did not think it had what it took to be in the top three due to the fact that after awhile it gets annoying and boring. I must admit that the graphics, controls, gameplay, and sound of this game are pretty good. This game is a puzzle game where you help lemmings cross the level. Yes, I just summed the game up. Sound fun? Well I must admit that it is fun for awhile.
You have seen that these Lynx games have strengths and weaknesses. As a result of this I have decided to make a chart to show the differences in these great games.
Now, after reading my chart, you might think that my rankings are incorrect. These four categories are not the only factors in my rankings. If I were to make a chart of all the things that are factors in my rankings, it would take me years to finally be able to submit an article. You might notice that the overall score is not the average for some games, this is because I have other factors that are included in the overall score, but not listed on the chart.
Next, I'd like to make a chart regarding the amount of fun experienced in each game.
|Game||Early level of fun||The game gets boring after:|
|S.T.U.N. Runner||9.5||One Year|
|Cyber Virus||9||Eight Months|
I hope that this helps you understand my rankings more. Notice that Lemmings gets boring after three months. Now, you might ask me why I say Alpine Games never gets boring. Well, I got the game in January 2004, and since then I have played the game pretty much on a daily basis. As far as I'm concerned, if a Lynx game is good for more than a year, it never gets boring.
Atari decided to put their focus completely on the Jaguar and the Lynx was no more, but a few companies such as Songbird Productions decided to continue making games for the Lynx and they still make games today.